Re: ITP: tdb (Trivial DataBase)

** On May 08, Wichert Akkerman scribbled:
> Previously Marek Habersack wrote:
> > Put that way it makes perfect sense. But why use libtool then?
>
> last time I checked they didn't use libtool, although that might
> have changed since then.
1.0.3 most definitely uses it :)

> > It might seem that they are planning/thinking of making it a bit larger
> > project.
>
> That's not what I hear from its authors :)
OK :) - that was just an assumption based on the presence of libtool :)

> > Would it be feasible if only a tdb-dev package existed with an .a
> > archive and a set of manpages/includes - at least it would be
> > integrated with debian that way?
>
> That's not a bad plan.
The packages are ready - tdb-dev, tdb-tools and tdb1 total 45k, the sources
including diffs total 140k, so the package isn't dramatically large. Maybe
it would make sense to upload it all? Or should I just make that single
package as written above?

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 I think that I shall never see A billboard lovely as a tree. Indeed,
 unless the billboards fall I'll never see a tree at all.   -- Ogden Nash