Re: Questions to testing/unstable

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 01:51:12PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Developers are supposed to know what they're doing with the urgency field.
> It can be used to decrease the quarantine time of a particular upload (and
> all subsequent ones until the package manages to get installed in testing).

Okay. Thanks for explaining this.

> Most of us don't bother too much with testing, unless we're trying to get
> something into testing for one particular reason or another (such as, the
> package in testing is too damn buggy, or has a security hole).

Whow! Now that is a great explanation. We started testing for a reason. If
all of us think that way we can as well stop using testing at all, as it
will only contain packages from the old stable and some that are just
developing to slowly to remain in quarantine.

I think the ide was to constantly work on the new stable release. To do that
we have to keep testing in the mix. Why isn't it possible to move 1.0-2
after one week even though 1.0-3 exists in unstable?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De