Questions to testing/unstable

Let's say it takes one week for a package to make it from unstable to
testing. So what happens if package foo_1.0-1.deb is in testing and
foo_1.0-2.deb is uploaded and then after five days foo_1.0-3.deb is uploaded
to unstable. What happens if no grave bug exists againts foo? Is 1.0-2 moved
to testing after 7 days, or is 1.0-3 moved or do the seven days start anew
with the upload of 1.0-3? The latter holds if there was a grave bug in
1.0-1.

If it is also true with no grave bug, we should encourage developers to wait
a week between two uploads or else their software won't make it into
testing.

I switched my system from unstable to testing and after several weeks I
still have packages installed that are not available in testing and I
wouldn't be suprised if the maintainers didn't even notice that. For
instance webmin does not seem to have a release critical bug but it's not in
testing at all.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes