Re: PostgreSQL in testing

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:22:46AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> But more important I wonder why postgresl 6.5.3 is still in testing and not
> 7.0.*. After all 7.1 has been released some weeks ago.
> Looking into the bug tracking system I found that there is one bug against
> postgresql tagged serious. Is this the reason? But the bug is 345 days old!

A serious bug is enough to keep a package out of testing; it's even enough
to get it pulled from testing if it's already there, especially one that's
almost a year old...

The real problem will've been that postgresql probably needs to be
updated at the same time as php3 and apache and python and a handful of
other software, which hasn't all been stable and consistent and bug-free
since testing got rolled out. (It's problem at the moment is it's getting
uploaded every few days. Hopefully when that settles down it'll go in)

Cheers,
aj