[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

possible bug in gettext (autotools?) or in some packages

Hello Debian friends,

I noticed while creating a package for a gettext enabled program, that
make install was installing the .mo file as <progname>@INSTOBJEXT@
so I checked /usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES and noticed that
rpm and gtk+licq had also this problem. The problem is also happening
to other languages too as /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/ has a

it seems to me that gettext(or autotools) variable substitution is
not happening the right way...

I just changed po/Makefile.in.in to match:
instead of

but I don't think that's clean enough...



       Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux - A matter of quality <http://www.debian.org> |
| : :'  : |Debian-BR enlarging frontiers <http://debian-br.sourceforge.net>|
| `. `'`  |                  Be Happy! Be FREE!                            |
|   `-    |             "Think globaly, act localy!"                       |

Reply to: