Re: ITH (Intent To Hijack) pilot-manager

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Chris Waters wrote:

> Just wanted to let people know that I'm going to hijack the
> pilot-manager package.  The current maintainer seems to be completely
> MIA; he hasn't uploaded a version in over a year.  I emailed him and

He seems to be MIA: How often did you try to contact him and how long ago?
(always remember that most of us work for Debian in our spare time).

> got no response.  I use the package, and I did the most recent NMU.
> I'm cc'ing him this message -- Darren, you can have it back for the
> asking, but for now, it's mine, mine, all mine!  Mwuah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

Haeh? This sounds a bit as if you are kidding...

> Expect an upload as soon as I sort through the bug list a bit.
>
> cheers
>
> p.s.  I wonder if we shouldn't add ITH as an official category in
> WNPP.  It's something that's probably going to come up more and more
> as more developers become MIA over time.

Martin usually marks packages of MIA maintainers as orphaned. I think it's
better if a few persons take care of this instead of many more people
sending ITHs.

cu
Adrian

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.