Re: debbugs can now send bug mails to someone different than the maintainer

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Rahul Jain wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 09:06:01PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > The client side of fetchmail will (by default) feed each message into your
> > local MTA for delivery, but you'll have to figure a way to get the mail into it
> > from the remote mailbox without IMAP or POP services (which I don't think
> > master provides).  I think someone was working on ETRN recently, which is also
> > supported by fetchmail...
>
> hrm... having fetchmail ssh in and grab the mail directly from the spool would
> be kind of cool... :)

Well, I am the fetchmail maintainer and I use a non-fetchmail based (but ssh
and cron-based) solution.  Make of that what you will.

I think you could also ask Branden what he thinks of using fetchmail to get
mail from master.d.o... he should have some colorful thoughts on the issue,
I believe :-P  Why, he might even have wounded my feelings when he made
those comments in IRC, were I already NOT using fetchmail to get mail
from master.d.o   ;-)

Fetchmail is not the best tool for dealing with the Debian developer mail
accounts, plain and simple.

  Henrique Holschuh