Re: New X problems...

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 12:19:03AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> David, from your comments below, you seem to be using kpkg, while I use
> make. I got my 2.2.19 source from ftp.kernel.org, and, after a bit of
> unusual bother untarring it, did 'make mrproper ; make menuconfig'. At
> this point I had to go get ncurses4-dev ... somehow it failed to upgrade
> last time...
>
> Anyway, I usually work through every option in the config menu. I like the
> menuconfig option because it is easy to go back and forth between various
> areas of configuration.

You should probably try copying the .config file that you used with 2.2.17
into the directory where you unpacked 2.2.19, and then run make oldconfig.
It looks like make config, but it'll skip over already answered questions
and ask you any new ones. After that is done, you can still run make
menuconfig and prune whatever you think may be bloat.

However, if you unpacked the new kernel in the same directory and already
did make mrproper, it probably removed the .config file...