Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:53:15PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> + locale-vi uploaded 202 days ago, out of date by 192 days!
> + locale-zh uploaded 190 days ago, out of date by 188 days!
> 	probably should be removed from the archive as of glibc 2.2.x
> 	(conflicts with glibc > 2.1.94, except on alpha)

Yes, I believe that both can be safely removed from testing/unstable.
:-)

> + task-chinese uploaded 189 days ago, out of date by 179 days!
> 	claims to not be uninstallable on an alpha running testing :-/
> 	can't see why easily though

task-chinese is due for an update soon, as Yu Guanghui and I discussed
briefly a week ago.  We'll just need to contact Anthony Wong and get
the updates in.  (There are a few new Chinese packages to be added
to task-chinese).  As for being uninstallable on Alpha, it may have
something to do with the fact that a few packages that task-chinese-{s,t}
depends on are i386-only.  Hmm... we'll see how we fix that... probably by
changing task-chinese's "Architecture:" field from "all" to "any"?
Hmm... more debian/control trickery.  We'll see.  :-)

Thanks for the update about the problems with these packages.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada