Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:17:35AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > One file, composing of a few kilobytes, is an autogenerated header
> > consisting of #define correctives enumerating the configuration.
>
> I think it's fairly clear that you were trying suggest that this is the
> ONLY difference between these packages.

You are wrong. Please quit wasting your time postulating what I was
"trying" to suggest, and read my mail messages literally.

But if I could ask a favor from you, why don't you post a list of
affected files, and hopefully some description of these and why they
are changed? There seems to be much confusion about the differences
between the kernel-headers packages. I'm sure it would work towards
clearing up these misconceptions. Many people (including me) have
asked what these differences are, and now you're telling us to diff
the patches. That's fair, but since you seem to think you know what
differences there are you could save us all a lot of time by telling
us what the differences are rather than sending us all on individual
quests to download packages and seek these differences. I think we
would all appreciate the favor.