Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:05:42AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 02:10:48PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > If they're binary-only, I doubt much compilation will be necessary.
>
> They don't just come out of nowhere you know...

"Binary-only" is a misnomer, since one could translate them to ASCII
or EBDIC if they wanted to. I'm not quite sure whether you're
describing non-free kernel modules or kernel modules distributed in
precompiled form (or both of the above).  There's no reason to put up
with either.