Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:10:51PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> "Binary-only" is a misnomer, since one could translate them to ASCII
> or EBDIC if they wanted to. I'm not quite sure whether you're
> describing non-free kernel modules or kernel modules distributed in
> precompiled form (or both of the above).  There's no reason to put up
> with either.

I'm actually referring to all binary modules.  But for binary-only modules
in particular, since you don't have the luxuary of being able to recompile
them, it's even more important to supply the builder with enough information
assuming that they're willing to compile it for your specifications.