Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:33:25AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 07:30:47PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> >
> > Kernel-headers-2.4.2 is built with the default config file, and the
> > other ones are built with their respective config files.
>
> so, what's the difference between all the packages? they're the same
> header files from the same kernel source tree, aren't they?

I seem to be repeating myself.  Because all the config files are different,
the module checksums are different, as are everthing under include/config.
Anyway, why don't you just do a diff instead of wasting my time?

>    "it's only one kernel, one source tree...so where do all these
>     different header files come from? what's the point of them? what do
>     they provide that just plain kernel-headers-2.4.2 doesn't provide?"

I think I've answered these questions enough times in a day.  Please reread
my messages if you still don't understand.