Re: NMUers: STOP BEING STUPID

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:52:08PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> So perhaps we need to come up with some more structure for the bug parties.
> Perhaps the right thing to do is have those involved create diffs of their work
> and place these in a repository for some group of devels responsible for the
> party to look at.  Once the patch has been approved, a NMU can happen in short
> order.

In that case the right "repository" could be a bugreport to the package
involved.  That way the diff submission is guaranteed.  If the diff turns
out to be defective, then this can be explained in that bugreport, and
a corrected diff submitted later -- and the package maintainer gets
the warm happy glow of nuclear catastrophe having been avoided.

Richard Braakman