Re: Update release management

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:23:43AM +0100 , Michel Salim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologise if this is considered off-topic - might be barking up the
> wrong tree in the wrong forest here - but bringing up an old issue here
> of release frequency, once the transition to using package pools and the
> new debian-installer is done, would it be reasonable to expect Debian
> releases more often - say, once every quarter like FreeBSD already does?

probably not. once a year should be "definitely", twice a year - hmm,
3/4 between releases - could try

> 2. This frequent release should allow Debian to generate more revenue

more what?

> 4. Inter-release update CDs could be issued ala Microsoft's Service

you volunteer?

> Packs with updated packages only - so it might depend on previous
> release CDs. Should be simple enough to automate, does not even need an
> installer.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

* Joy notes some people think "Unix" is a misspelling of "Unics" which is a misspelling of "Emacs" :)