Re: character sets

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk> writes:

Thanks for all the responses. To summarise:

1. use xemacs mule latin input mode. It doesn't work for me, have to
try and find out why. Maybe I need to include something in my .emacs
file, or maybe I need to unstable version of xemacs.

2. Use iso-accents-mode and iso-accents-customize in xemacs.  I
haven't yet tried all the possible language settings, but it looks
interesting (not sure what language setting is required for µ yet).

C-h f iso-accents-mode lets you see the key combinations.

3. for vim:

    Colin> 'Ctrl-K j u' is probably more portable across
    Colin> terminals. See :digraphs for other similar combinations.

4. alternative for (x)emacs.

    Josh> Here's how to do it the non-mule way (C-x 8 foo): (require
    Josh> 'iso-insert)

That works too. Pity you can't preview what buttons do what
(except via ASCII text description).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>