Re: Cryptic messages from installers

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Santiago Vila wrote:
> > In such case, we could deprecate the Maintainer field as the address
> > for notifications and create another one which behaves like an
> > optional "Cc:", not as a mandatory "To:", i.e. something like
>
> You mean the Changed-To field that dpkg has had for a while now?

No, if you refer to Changed-By.

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong), Changed-By represents the person
responsible for the source of a given upload (the person who made the
last changelog entry), not the person responsible for the upload
itself (which may be a porter).

In either case, I really mean stop relaying on the Maintainer field
and relaying on the gpg signature as the primary method for sending
notifications.