Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

    Hamish> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 07:29:26PM +1000, Daniel Stone
    Hamish> wrote:
    >> Aye, but I believe it was Hamish who suggested that PTRs should
    >> be made mandatory.

    Hamish> That's right. There is no good reason for them not to
    Hamish> exist.

Are we debating:

1. If PARANOID should be the default or not?

OR

2. If correctly functioning PTRs should be mandatory? (I assume this
would involve making changes to existing code?)

There seem to be two different issues here.

(I would vote 1. yes and 2. no, but should be easy to change default
for all programs).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>