Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:47:33AM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > > So we can be pedantic and enforce "correct" DNS configuration?  That's
> > > a bullshit reason.
> >
> > it's not why we're doing it, but it's not a bad reason all the same.
>
> After hearing things like this it's not hard for me to understand why a lot
> of people hate Debian Developers and think they're all assholes.

Funny, I just thought the same thing after reading your message.

Don't you think standards are important? Properly configured DNS
has both forward-lookup A records and reverse-lookup PTR records.
We shouldn't encourage anyone to compromise on that, because
it is not difficult to configure.

In these days of spam, hacker attacks etc we don't need any
less audit trail, I'm sure you'll agree.

Hamish