Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:35:08PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> by itself, it's effectively "allow connections from anywhere except from
> clients playing silly-buggers with their .in-addr.arpa PTR records"

I.E., nothing.  Give me an example of one situation where this would
accomplish more than stalling an attacker for a few seconds.

> > So we can be pedantic and enforce "correct" DNS configuration?  That's
> > a bullshit reason.
>
> it's not why we're doing it, but it's not a bad reason all the same.

After hearing things like this it's not hard for me to understand why a lot
of people hate Debian Developers and think they're all assholes.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>