Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 08:12:44AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I agree with Craig. Bad DNS (disagreement between A and PTR records)
> suggests that somebody is up to no good, so why not drop them?

No, it *doesn't* suggest that someone is up to no good. A real black hat
is going to spoof both forward and reverse lookups, or none at all. It's
far, far more likely that someone's got a screwed up dns server. (In
fact, there are some days when I'm convinced that there are more borken
namesevers on the 'net than otherwise.)

--
Mike Stone