Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

MoiN

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:32:48PM -0500, Rahul Jain wrote:
> the majority of debian users shouldn't be running network services without
> knowing how to manage security. not-so-good-netadmins should become good so
> that their networks don't get taken down by the plethora of kiddies out there.
> As a client, you should demand a good sysadmin.

So you suggest to change this line to:

	ALL: ALL EXCEPT localhost

I think it should still be allowed to connect from localhost so
the user can use local installed services like an http server he
wishes to play with. And I don't think connections originating
from localhost should be a problem usually.

    Ingo
--
:-( is a registered trademark of Despair, Inc.