INSTALL of localized doc & man

Hello

I think several time there was a discussion about limiting
installed doc to the one preffered by system administrator.

What is the progress in this area ???

I think somethink like '/etc/install_lang' file with couple of
named LANG setting which are useful for machine is the
easy to do solution.

I think that dpkg could just do few of these selection
automaticaly without any problems and without changing internal
dpkg structure - I would expect that few packages could be consfused,
but its better to repair couple of packages that rebuild thousands of
them - directories like  man/  doc/  could be processed
automaticaly together with some patterns checking  'name/en/name',
'/name/cz/name' and so on.

I think its currently probably better to leave all documentation
in one package and just install needed parts as currently the
time for scanning text version of package list is already quite
large and create thousands of LANG packages wouldn't be helpful here.

Please especialy the maintainers of dpkg - consider to implement
this stuff - its two days work and would safe a lot of
diskspace (I know disk space is cheap but I think its not reason
to wast it)

bye

--
             When All Else Fails!    Lower your Standards
  Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@i.am {debian.org; fi.muni.cz}