ITP: Jakarta-ORO

package: wnpp
severity: wishlist

license: Apache (BSD style)

url:
http://jakara.apache.org/oro/

Jakarta-ORO is Java Regular Expression Package. It's provide NFA
matching engine that expression compatible with Perl5.
It is useful for text analysis and processing.

apt-line: deb http://www21.freeweb.ne.jp/computer/torakun/deb/ ./
package:  liboro-java

There are some regular expression library for Java (I already ITP
regexp). Then, someone may wonder what are difference between
them. I describe comparison of following three libraries briefly;

Jakarta-ORO:
	BSD Style License
	fastest of the three(GNU-Regexp,ORO,Regexp).
	high compatibility with perl5:)
	known as famous Java Regular Expression library 'ORO Matcher'.

GNU-Regexp:
	GPL.
	perl and posix style regular expression.
	slowest	of the three(;_;

Jakarta-Regexp:
	BSD Style License
	posix like regular expression (but compatibility isn't so good)
	basic function and useful document. It make  easy to learn.

PS.
I already ITP'd Jakarta-Regexp but I canceled then.

regards.
Takashi Okamoto 	Applicant for Debian in NM database.