Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

Hi,

Quoting Adam McKenna (adam@debian.org):
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 11:04:04AM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> > Thanks for the clear explanation; my vision was getting a bit clouded, late
> > at night (and annoyed by the troll :) )
> > I totally agree with all this.
> Of course you do, because it's 100% correct.  But this thread isn't about
> what individual administrators do, or what they should do, it's about what
> Debian should do by default.  And PARANOID should not be used at all, let
> alone be the default.  (Except for pedants as previously illustrated.)
This is starting to become an endless discussion with no real outcome.
What Debian does by default should be what most admins do. I'm not going to
get into this discussion anymore, as i think all arguments have been brought
forward too many times. You think 'paranoid' should not be used at all, I
think 'ALL: PARANOID' is not strong enough, but for a default install 'ALL:
ALL' would be too strong.

Greets,
	Robert
--