Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:57:41PM -0700, Erik Hollensbe wrote:
> sorry for the quick jab, but wouldn't disabling inetd from the start fix this problem? I can't think of any tcpd services that start default without it.
>
> i mean, to be frank, what modern useful unix services run under inetd that would be 'expected' on a debian system anyways? Install inetd and tcpd, etc, but don't put them in rc2.d.

Services in inetd are not the only ones that use tcpd.  The Debian version of
ssh, for example, is compiled with TCP Wrapper support as well.  I'm sure
other programs are too.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>