Re: ITP: laptop-netconf -- a network detection and configuration program

On 17 Apr 2001, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> It's called that because it's almost the same as divine, and the word
> intuitively is a synonym to the word divine. :)

The verb to intuit is sort of a synonym to the verb to divine -- to seek
or know by non-rational means.  But that usage of divine is pretty archaic
and would not occur to most English speakers.  I would guess most people
would think of the adjective divine -- Godlike, which is not at all a
synonym for the adverb intuitively.

So yes, it is rather unintuitive. :-)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>