Re: application/pgp-signature (was Re: debian 2.3)

For reference: X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 4.3.2

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:48:36PM +0200, Edwin Martin wrote:
> rob@debianplanet.org wrote:
> Yeah, I know, there is an RFC for encrypted mail. But there is
> also an RFC for HTML-mail which is not allowed on many mailing
> lists.

There is a difference. It is not much for a mail reader which supports MIME
to support PGP signed (not necessarily encrypted!) mail. HTML is totally
different in that it requires a parser and special output devices (usually).
/Anything/ can support signed mail.

> What's the idea behind it? Now we are certain you really wrote the
> mail? Great. But what about the idea of information avaible for
> everyone?

Why does it matter why someone is using PGP? If you're reading Debian lists,
get a mail reader which can handle what we throw at you. Eudora with the
PGP plugin works just fine, thanks.