Re: syslog.conf is utter crap?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 16:44:01 -0700 (+0000), Aaron Lehmann wrote:
[snip]
> I agree. I finally realized that my logs were so huge because debian's
> default syslog.conf puts duplicate messages in so many places.

One thing I really like about Debian is that all the stuff I ever want _is_
logged somewhere.  Generally they are logged to nice places - ppp.log for
instance.  I like this seperation.  My only gripe is that often too much
stuff is logged (minor irritant) and to lots of places (more major irritant).

2c

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org