Re: potato bugs...(ugh)

Louis-David Mitterrand (2001-04-10 16:55:54 +0200) :

> Think about it: a bug as logo! it conveys that:
> - debian tamed the bugs,
> - is not afraid a showing a real bug,
> - never hides a bug
> - likes bugs for their artistic sake,
>
> That bug picture is a "aha" moment. It makes total sense to have it as
> Debian logo.

Not sure that was a serious suggestion...  If so, I'd like to object
that only in English does it make sense.  The fact that the same word
can mean both any random small insect and a malfunction in a computer
programme does not happen, say, in French, and I suspect it may also
be the case for other languages.

  Besides, I like the abstract logo.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Chaos always defeats order, because it is better organized.
  -- Ly Tin Wheedle, in Interesting Times (Terry Pratchett)