Re: Progeny Debian 1.0 released

On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:22:29 CDT "Brooks R. Robinson" <brooks.robinson@rides.com>
wrote:

[...]
> Reduced rates and/or waiver of fee are available for Debian-related
> advertisements. You must consult the list operator in advance of posting for
> any reduction or fee waiver.
> -----------------------------
>

> So, perhaps the fee should be $1999 USD (shouldn't this go up by year, so
> maybe $2001).  However, this is Debian related, so perhaps a fee waiver is
> in order (after all Ian Murdock is the guy in charge).

How about Progeny pays a bunch of guys to work on boot-floppies full time,
and then the fee is waived? *g*

Seriously, however - Progeny has done a good deal of work for us, and
while perhaps Branden should have checked with whomever the list operator
is first, I think his post was following the spirit of the no-advertising
clause. As he pointed out, its free for download; as for the technical
support mentioned in the post, I doubt that anyone who reads this list
will need that. And, Progeny has made a very decent level of contributions
to Debian ;)

Branden, re your mail: I don't mind seeing these sort of announcements
from Progeny on the list. Shouldn't reach excessive levels, but an
occasional post concerning major releases and whatnot is fine.

-chris

--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"

(I subscribe to all lists that I post to; please do not Cc me on list
reply)
Chris Danis                                 screech@mad.scientist.com
                                                   screechco@home.com
                                                     dadanish@usa.net