Re: Progeny Debian 1.0 released

On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:22:29 CDT "Brooks R. Robinson" <brooks.robinson@rides.com>

> Reduced rates and/or waiver of fee are available for Debian-related
> advertisements. You must consult the list operator in advance of posting for
> any reduction or fee waiver.
> -----------------------------
> So, perhaps the fee should be $1999 USD (shouldn't this go up by year, so
> maybe $2001).  However, this is Debian related, so perhaps a fee waiver is
> in order (after all Ian Murdock is the guy in charge).

How about Progeny pays a bunch of guys to work on boot-floppies full time,
and then the fee is waived? *g*

Seriously, however - Progeny has done a good deal of work for us, and
while perhaps Branden should have checked with whomever the list operator
is first, I think his post was following the spirit of the no-advertising
clause. As he pointed out, its free for download; as for the technical
support mentioned in the post, I doubt that anyone who reads this list
will need that. And, Progeny has made a very decent level of contributions
to Debian ;)

Branden, re your mail: I don't mind seeing these sort of announcements
from Progeny on the list. Shouldn't reach excessive levels, but an
occasional post concerning major releases and whatnot is fine.

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"

(I subscribe to all lists that I post to; please do not Cc me on list
Chris Danis                                 screech@mad.scientist.com