Re: testing is broken

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 12:26:40PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   I can't imagine dselect being totally dropped soon -- there will always
> > be some old Debian user who swears by it and refuses to give it up, ever!
>
> I have yet to see any other frontend that is as easily useable.
> (laugh if you want, the only problem with dselect is that it doesn't
> make it easy to navigate through the huge list of packages).
>
> I've tried aptitude, the new deity, storm-pkg, etc. I'm afraid I didn't
> like the interface for any of them.

That seems to be a matter of personal preference. I <HEART/> aptitude,
esp. how it highlights dependencies/conflicts when you select something.
IMO this is way better then dropping the user into conflict resolution
screen that lists all conflicts for all packages selected so far,
including those you tried to override 2 minutes ago. Yuck.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key