Re: ITP: gnometv -- a Gnome TV/teletext viewer

Hi,

Quoting Joseph Carter (knghtbrd@debian.org):
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:10:34PM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> > 'GnomeTV is an applet with a TV/teletext viewer for (among others) bttv
> > cards.'
> How is this different from xawtv?  Other than of course using gtk+ and
> Gnome bindings..?  (That alone makes it worthwhile, but by comparison wmtv
> was .. not very good as I recall from my own experiences with it.)
It has a built-in channel grabber (that works kind of sucky/complicated, but
when you probably only need to set your channels once), the teletext and TV
windows are 'easily accessible from the gnome panel applet', different
channels from different inputs can be mixed in a single set of channels, and
it looks better.
I didn't get gnometv to do fullscreen, xawtv does do that.

I wanted to modify xawtv to have a interface, and then found gnometv - in
my opinion xawtv is ugly and not-userfriendly..

gnometv has some bugs (the userfriendlyness of the channel settings, which i
consider bad enough to be a bug - and some other weird bug; when switching
to a different desktop and back, gnometv doesn't 'remember' its window
position, and positions itself on the initial coordinates (which is
annoying).

Greets,
	Robert

--
			      Linux Generation
		All extremists should be taken out and shot.