Re: sendmail and provider.m4

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I use provider.m4 with sendmail and I use to add that file to the
> sendmail Makefile so that it is parsed when building sendmail.cf.
> Each new version of sendmail make me to remodify the /etc/mail/Makefile,
> is it possibile to mark that Makefile as a conffile ?
> There is some other way to use provider.m4 without modify the makefile ?

What are you doing to Makefile?

If you simply want to include provider.m4 in your sendmail.cf then
do this instead:
dnl #
dnl # Dialup/LAN connection overrides
dnl #

Rick Nelson
* aj thinks Kb^Zzz ought to pick different things to dream about than
   general resolutions and policy changes.
<Kb^Zzz> aj - tell me about it, this is a Bad Sign