sendmail and provider.m4

I use provider.m4 with sendmail and I use to add that file to the
sendmail Makefile so that it is parsed when building sendmail.cf.

Each new version of sendmail make me to remodify the /etc/mail/Makefile,
is it possibile to mark that Makefile as a conffile ?
There is some other way to use provider.m4 without modify the makefile ?

TIA

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"