Re: Sid and shared libraries...

** On Apr 02, Tommi Komulainen scribbled:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 03:57:10PM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined reference to atexit'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status)
> >
> > Trying to compile anything against, e.g., SDL 1.2 installed from debs fails
> > just as above with only difference being that the above error occurs in the
> > libaa.so.1 library... So, my question is - is there any fix for the above
> > under the way? Or, where really lies the bug? Is it libc6, gcc, binutils or
> > ld.so?
>
> I have seen the same effect when trying to compile mplayer with SDL
> enabled, using the SDL libraries currently in sid.  For me it helped to
> add -laa to the linker options.  I don't know if it's even close to the
> right fix, but it works.  HTH.
Funny thing that it helped :)) - even though my SDL (not from debs) wasn't
compiled with aalib support and the problem was reported to happen in
libX11, addin -laa in the configure script cured the problem. Weird :)

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */