Sid and shared libraries...

Hi *,

  A few days ago Ben Collins posted a warning about libc6 2.2.2-4 and shared
libraries not compiling properly. The problem still persists - it is
virtually impossible to compile any shared library (e.g. try to compile SDL
1.2 - it compiles, links and installs correctly, but after that trying to
compile the SLD/test test suite fails miserably with:

configure:2397: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/includ
e -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT   conftest.c  -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-rpat
h,/usr/local/lib -lSDL -lpthread 1>&5
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined reference to atexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status)

Trying to compile anything against, e.g., SDL 1.2 installed from debs fails
just as above with only difference being that the above error occurs in the
libaa.so.1 library... So, my question is - is there any fix for the above
under the way? Or, where really lies the bug? Is it libc6, gcc, binutils or
ld.so?

TIA,

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.   -- Jean-Paul
 Sartre