Re: RFC: new update-inetd

Would it be possible to add a query function - something along the lines
of:

# update-inetd query <service>
#                  [--netgroup=<group>]

There's been at least two requests for this (one from me).

I've got a bug filed against sendmail for updating /etc/ (which the
user has mounted R/O).  That would be fixed with this extension.

Alternatively, if update-inet enable/disable *don't* write
/etc/inetd.conf if no changes are needed (ie enable of already enabled
service) - the problem would also be solved.

/etc/init.d/sendmail looks in /etc/default/sendmail to see if it is
supposed to run under inet, or in daemon mode - and calls update-inetd
accordingly...
--
Rick Nelson
Linux, the way to get rid of boot viruses