Re: Security through paranoia 2, with proposal...

Jan Niehusmann schrieb:
> This is exactly what the depends-if clause is meant for: You can install
> hardened without apache, but if you install apache, you must install
> apache-ssl too.

Use Enhances: apache for apache-ssl. Adding even more fields to
control files is a bad idea as long as more than half of the
dependency fields are ignored by apt (Suggests, Recommends,
Enhances).

Hardening things by default should be preferred wherever
possible over making "hardened" a special case. I hate special
cases.

ciao, 2ri
--
Tux und Chucky spielen "capture the flag" mit Windos-Fähnchen...