Re: Security through paranoia 2, with proposal...

Jan Niehusmann schrieb:
> This is exactly what the depends-if clause is meant for: You can install
> hardened without apache, but if you install apache, you must install
> apache-ssl too.

Use Enhances: apache for apache-ssl. Adding even more fields to
control files is a bad idea as long as more than half of the
dependency fields are ignored by apt (Suggests, Recommends,

Hardening things by default should be preferred wherever
possible over making "hardened" a special case. I hate special

ciao, 2ri
Tux und Chucky spielen "capture the flag" mit Windos-Fähnchen...