Re: Security through paranoia 2, with proposal...

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 02:17:47AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Ola Lundqvist

> | Depends: apache-ssl | apache_mod-ssl (if apache), uw-imap-ssl (if uw-imap) ...
> | Conflicts: telnetd
> | Recommends: ! talkd
> | Suggests: kernel-image-2.4.2-harden

> IMHO it should only conflict, it shouldn't depend on apache-ssl, for
> instance.  If this is a mail or DNS server, I might want to install
> task-harden without installing a web server.

This is exactly what the depends-if clause is meant for: You can install
hardened without apache, but if you install apache, you must install
apache-ssl too.

But I think this case can still be solved without depends-if. Instead, we
would need another virtual package, apache-non-ssl. Then we could do:

Package: apache
Depends: apache-non-ssl | apache-ssl

Package: task-hardened
Conflicts: apache-non-ssl

This way, the same combinations as with the depends-if clause are possible.

Jan

--
OpenPGP-signierte bzw. -verschlüsselte Mail erwünscht
EMail-Key: 1024D/F12DA065 (=> Keyserver oder auf Anfrage)