Re: Security trough paranoia

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 10:54:00PM -0500, Chad Miller wrote:
> > How exactly are you proposing to keep change shadow passwords back and
> > forth from MD5 without having the user re-input every password?
> >
> > This is Very Hard to Do. :)
>
> ...and if it were easy, we wouldn't be considering MD5 as very useful.  :)
>
> The install does ask if MD5 is preferred, IIRC.

It does, and it has the (IMO preferred) default of yes.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

[regarding measures to prevent cheating in quake]
I mean, as long as I can make my rocket launcher look like a big twinkie,
I'll be happy ;)
        -- Qeyser <keyser@jhu.edu>