courier imap 0.32.0 and LDAP ?

Hello ..

I'm currently running the 'older' version of courier imap (1.0), with a
virtual user setup using LDAP .. I would like to upgrade to the newer
version but I'm having problems getting it to work .. I noticed the LDAP
authmodule has been removed (as stated in changelog) .. I tried to use the
older authldap module with the new version, but I haven't had much luck ..
(with PAM I can get authentication via LDAP working, but not virtual
homedirs... )

Is there a way of getting the new courier to work with LDAP the same way the
older version does ?  I assume there is a reason that the authldap module
was removed, but I guess I missed it :)

Thanks,
  Terry