Re: device3dfx-source does not compile for me. At least not with kernel 2.4.2-ac25

Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 07:05:06PM -0600, Brock wrote:
> > device3dfx-source does not compile for me.
> [...]
> > And I get this error message eventually:
> >
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/device3dfx'
> > cc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -O2 -m486 ...
> Notice the -I/usr/src/linux.  I'd say this is directly related to bug #82991.
> You might also want to check out #67254.

I have tried the patches included in both bug reports, but the patches failed
for me. Perhaps the patches were botched by the HTML display on the BTS? or
perhaps I am not going about the patching right.

Can you verify that the patches are or are not displayed correctly on the BTS,
and secondly, how exactly to I go about patching these files?

I attempted to copy and paste the patch text from the BTS to text files, and
then use this command to do the patch:

(in the directory with the files needing to be patched)
cat patchfile | patch

If this is not the correct way, could you clue in me on how to patch these

I don't do much patching, except for the kernel source, in which I use:
cat patchfile | patch -p0

Brock Lynn