Re: OT : Universal Packaging

* Joris Lambrecht <jlambrec@landis.be> [2001-03-23 17:41+0100]
> Now i wonder if future packages would be created using XML and thus
> distributed, the packages would be parsed/processed by some tool at the
> client side wich in turn would convert it to any required package format
> necessary or even simply interpret this for an existing package manager.
>
> Would this be feasable or does there allready exist such a project ?

Daniel Veillard was working on this[1]; I am not sure what the status
of his work is.

XML Packaging is discussed in the www-xml-packaging[2] mailing list,
archived at [3].

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-packaging/2000Jul/0008.html
  2. mailto:www-xml-packaging@w3.org
  3. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-packaging/
--
Hugo Haas <hugo@larve.net> - http://larve.net/people/hugo/
Kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably.  The lesson is,