Re: update excuses: what does "but foo is screwed anyway"?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 01:39:09PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Another side issue: what does:
>
>    * foo-package uploaded XX days ago, out of date by YY days!
>    * valid candidate (will be installed unless it's dependent upon
>      other buggy pkgs)
>
>  mean?  In particular, if it's a valid candidate, why hasn't it been
>  installed already?

Because it depends on a package that is buggy and won't enter testing.

>  But I'm still left in the dark as to why the package hasn't been
>  installed yet.  That is to say, if there's a reason for this, is there
>  anyway to find it out?

You could probably find it out by checking the status of all the
dependencies of your package WRT testing, and in particular checking if
those dependencies are installable on all architectures... IIRC that stuff
is in the update_output.txt file.