Re: Problem with libpaperg in testing

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 08:42:31AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> >...  Perhaps packages should be built from source using the current packages
> >in testing before they are allowed to enter testing themselves?
>
> That doesn't help in my case: The dependency on debconf isn't generated by
> shlibs (then this problem wouldn't occur), but I have to set the right
> dependency for what I use in the postinst. I'm sure the broken version of
> libpaperg builds perfectly in testing.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about debhelper, not debconf.  Then perhaps,
s/built from source/built and installed/, to test for this problem.
Non-interactive installation isn't really there yet, though, so an
implementation could be a long way off.  I think an autobuilder running testing
would also help to catch problems, even if it only built for, say, i386.

--
 - mdz