Re: apt-get source

On Mon 19 Mar 2001, Charles Farley wrote:

> Of course I can just place those packages on hold, but I was wondering as to
> the "why". Why does apt want to grab the official packages even though mine
> have been built in the exact same manner?

Because your .debs have a different checksum to the official ones.
However, if you had simply installed your debs with dpkg -i
instead of relying on apt-get, apt would have only considered the
version numbers, and have seen that you already have the latest
version.

However, next time the debian version changes, your version will
be replaced.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/