Re: Changing standard mailbox setup of Debian?

* Arthur Korn

| So what's the problem with using MAIL=~/.mail? Every program
| that want's to open a mailbox is supposed to look at $MAIL
| anyway, if something blindly opens /var/mail/$USER I'd consider
| it broken.

Ok, then at least cucipop, ipop3d, imapd, and most of the other
POP/IMAP daemons are broken.  What I'd like them to do is obey $MAIL
if set - then I could use pam_mail for setting $MAIL.  It's probably
not too hard, either.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.