Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Santiago Vila wrote:

> If you refer to pine-3.96, I think it breaks under glibc 2.2.

No -- the version which "broke" ( = lost the configuration of its SMTP
server) was actually 4.26.

When the same problem occurred with a fresh install of the latest 4.33
downloaded from wu, I started investigating further, and fixed the
problem by giving a fqdn rather than just 'localhost' in the setup
configuration table.

> If you are a pine user, I strongly recommend that you use pine_4.33-2
> from testing/unstable (it should compile under potato too).

Didn't know debian included code to compile.  Thought it was only
available from wu.
--
Martin Wheeler       -        StarTEXT - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
[1] mwheeler@startext.co.uk                   http://www.startext.co.uk/

     - Share your knowledge. It's one way to achieve immortality. -