Re: Digital Rights Management

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:40:14 -0600
"Ean R . Schuessler" <ean@brainfood.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a topic that I would like to discuss with you that I really
> have no idea what your response will be. I have just returned from the
> Texas South-by-Southwest (swsx.com) media festival where I spoke with
> many musicians, film makers, porn stars and other producers of
> non-techincal media content. What I became absolutely convinced of at
> this conference is that there are many individuals who are dependant
> on having a way to control and recieve payment for the distribution of
> their ideas and creative works and that the work of the Free Software
> movement is instrumental in depriving them of these things.
> [snip]

No, they're nearly mindless drones being puppeteered by MPAA et al. Ignore them; they know not what they say. If you actually believe this drivel, you frankly know not what you say, either.

And please don't post this on debian-devel. It's awfully rude. It also goes against Debian fundamental principles and philosophies, which is tolerated in some other debian-* lists, but not this one.

Regards,

Alex.